Help us help them survive

27 October 2011

Welcome home Movie and Penny

[Their arrival in Sydney]

30 September 2011 (ok There is a delay in posting 'cause I set my priorities on job hunting /J'ai du retard dans mes posts... Je mets la priorité sur la recherche de boulot)

Our cats are home after 4 months of separation.
Nos chats sont arrivés après 4 mois de séparation.


We keep them inside the first week or two to get used to our surrounding. They are already very interested about the parrot (pale-headed Rosella) coming on our terrace...
On les garde à l'intérieur une semaine ou deux pour qu'elles s'adaptent à la maison. Elles sont déjà très intéressées par les perroquets (pale-headed Rosella) qui viennent sur la terrasse...


Miam-Miam
Freedom!!!

Now that they have their double bells around their neck (to not catch any precious wildlife), they are free to discover our garden.
Maintenant qu'elles ont leurs doubles clochettes autour du coup (pour ne pas attraper la faune locale), elles sont autorisées à partir à la découverte du jardin. Penny est stressée, elle garde la bouche ouverte pour se refroidir.
Penny very stressed keeping her mouth open to cool down

Movie discovering
Since then everything is ok. We just have to make sure they are kept inside during the night to avoid hunting and being hunt by big feral cats. A big black and white male is kicking the *** of all cats in the street. Our cats are more than 2 times smaller and have no chance against him. They still enjoy being out enjoying the sun.  

Depuis tout va bien. On doit juste s'assurer de les garder enfermées la nuit pour éviter de chasser et de se faire chasser... par les chats sauvages par exemple. Un gros chat noir et blanc attaque tous les chats du quartier. Nos chats sont 2 fois plus petites que ce gros matou, elles se prennent donc une bonne raclée ce qui ne les empêche pas de profiter du beau temps.

Before we left Belgium, Penny brought us home 1 to 2 "living" mice a day what was not that fun while we were in carton boxes. It took me up to 8 hours to catch one and free it back outside. I knew this instinct would not disappear but now she brings us lizards and frogs... Until now I succeeded to put them safely back outside. Does anyone have an idea how to make her stop hunting?

Penny, avant notre départ, nous rapportait 1 à 2 souris "vivantes" par jours ce qui n'était pas la joie lorsqu'on était dans les cartons et qu'il m'a fallu 8h pour en remettre une dehors... Je me doutais bien que cet instinct n'allait pas disparaitre... Mais ici, elle nous ramène des lézards et des grenouilles. Jusqu'à présent je les ai tous remis en vie dehors. Quelqu'un aurait-il une idée comment le lui faire arrêter?

2 comments:

  1. Hey Nina!

    I've been living in Brussels for the past 11 years or so. My boyfriend is Aussie and we're planning on moving to Melbourne as soon as I get approval of my partner visa.
    Anyhow, I have a cat! :) He's my baby love and he's definitely going to travel down under with us. I'm sure he's going to be just fine, but I don't know how am I gonna survive that one month of him being in quarantine! lol
    I've been having really big troubles finding a relocating pet agency here in Brussels, and would really appreciate if you could please share some info on the company/agent you used to relocate your two lovely cats. It will help us a lot!
    If you don't mind me asking can you write me some estimates, how much did it cost you all together?

    my email: poisonedcookie.1907@gmail.com

    Big thanks from freezing Belgium :p

    Ivana

    P.S. Love your blog! It's been really helpful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi PoisonedCookie,

    I only see your message now. Sorry for my late reply.

    I will send you an email with more info.

    Welcome to Australia :-)

    ReplyDelete